Halloween will be a bit different this year. The North Yorkshire Local Resilience Forum is recommending that people do not go knocking on doors or collect sweets from communal bowls. But there are plenty of other ways to celebrate:
• Be creative: create a pumpkin trail where you live so everyone can join in without knocking on doors.
• Be active: get dressed up and take a walk around your neighbourhood to see homes decorated for Halloween.
• Be virtual: consider an online party with decorations, fancy dress and themed food. Play Halloween games, bake Halloween treats or tell spooky stories.
• Be social: take pictures of your spooky costumes and activities to share on social media.
• Be colourful: dress up the outside of your house with Halloween decorations for you and your neighbours to enjoy.